Different Methods to Perform Amped Wireless REC10 Reset
Although Amped wireless REC10 extender is a powerful device to fill dead zones in the home with a super-fast internet connection, users face various issues with it. Some experience slow internet connection while others complain about the extender’s inability to detect the 5GHz frequency band. Whatever the issue might be, doing Amped wireless REC10 reset is the ultimate solution to fix all the extender-related problems.
However, it has been observed that some Amped users implement partial knowledge to reset their extenders and end up falling into another pit of issues. That is why this post has been written. Here, we will make you familiar with different methods to perform Amped wireless REC10 reset. So, let’s get started.
How to Do Amped Wireless REC10 Reset?
You can reset your Amped wireless REC10 range extender using two different methods:
1. Soft Reset: You have to access the Amped wireless extender login page to reset your WiFi device.
2. Hard Reset: This Amped wireless REC10 extender reset method can be executed by pressing a button on your range extender.
Now, let’s provide you with detailed steps for doing Amped wireless range extender reset using both these methods.
Steps to Perform Amped Wireless REC10 Reset
Amped Wireless REC10 Reset: Soft Reset Method
As mentioned earlier, you need to access the login page of your Amped REC10 extender in the soft reset method, following guidelines will help you to execute the process:
- First of all, plug your Amped wireless REC10 extender into a power socket.
- Connect your Amped device to the host AP using a wired or wireless source.
- Now, switch on your computer.
- Open a browser that is secure to use as well as running on an upgraded version.
- Go to the address field of the browser and insert setup.ampedwireless.com into it.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will now be taken to the Amped wireless REC10 login window.
- Enter the login credentials you assigned to your Amped REC10 range extender after the setup process.
Note: The Amped extender login details are case-sensitive. Thus, avoid committing typing mistakes while entering them.
- Select Login.
- The dashboard of your Amped wireless REC10 range extender will appear.
- Locate the Management tab and click it.
- You will get redirected to a window displaying several options.
- Find the Reset option and select it.
- Wait patiently and let the Amped wireless REC10 reset process get completed.
That’s it! You have successfully completed Amped wireless REC10 extender reset via the soft reset method. In case you fail to reset your extender, consider contacting our experts without wasting any time.
Amped Wireless REC10 Reset: Hard Reset Method
This reset method comes in handy when you want things to happen in an instant. Amped wireless REC10 reset via the hard reset method does not require you to log in to your device. Here’s how you can do Amped wireless extender reset using the hard reset method:
- Make sure that your Amped REC10 extender is receiving a consistent power supply.
- Remove all devices accessing your range extender.
- Once done, check all sides of your Amped REC10 extender to locate the Reset button.
- Located? Great! Now, press it carefully.
- Within a few moments, the Amped wireless REC10 reset process will get finished.
This is how you can reset your Amped REC10 range extender using the hard reset method.
Keep in mind that whatever reset method you, your extender will start running in the factory default mode after the completion of the reset process. It means you will lose all the customized information of your Amped device and you need to do Amped wireless setup again. Check out the next section to know the procedure to install your Amped wireless REC10 range extender.
Amped Wireless REC10 Setup Process
- Bring your Amped wireless REC10 extender near the host router.
- Power up both WiFi devices.
- Now, press the WPS button on your Amped REC10 range extender.
- You are required to press the WPS button on the main router too.
- Your Amped range extender is now ready to use.
In this manner, you can set up your extender again after the Amped wireless REC10 reset process. Now, access the internet the way you fancy.
Performing Amped wireless REC10 reset is not a difficult task if you follow the correct steps. Hopefully, you will be able to restore your Amped wireless extender to the factory default mode using one of the aforementioned methods.
Additionally, the guidelines shared above will also help you perform Amped wireless extender setup again. In case you need more help regarding the Amped wireless REC10 reset and setup process, contact our support team.